The Epcot Center's French Pavillion features a beautiful film about the country and its' people. Impressed by the traditional, country wedding upon which we eavesdropped from our comfy theatre seats, I warmed to the simplicity and joy of their celebration, which would last for days.
We have a family wedding coming - fast. The bride is 2,000 miles away and I, the mother of this beautiful bride-to-be, want to celebrate the beginning of the eternal union of my daughter and new son with days of dancing, abundance of good food, and all the relatives - close and distant.
They will be anxious to get back to college for the new semester and the bride does not like to dance, so we nix the dancing and limit the days of celebrating. What remains is the good food and close relatives.
My heritage is not one of quiet celebrations, but a new day is here. A new challenge. I can do this. Do you think we could sneak just one "Hokey-Pokey?"

No comments:
Post a Comment