Saturday, September 13, 2008

Cheap? Who, Me?

The wedding is on my mind. I will not be one of those mothers. Repeat. I will not be the mother that only talks about her daughter's wedding. So, anyway, my generous beloved hubby has told all out of town relatives that we will pay for their hotel rooms. They will need rooms for two nights. We will require 18 rooms. ALL of our relatives are out of state.

People often put up the relatives on couches, cots, tents, and the kids rooms. This is a fact. I've slept on the floor, on an airmattress that was flat by 3:30 am. I've also slept on a sleep sofa that is actually a metal frame. The mattress thing is merely candycoating, so I'll think I'm getting the good bed.

The closeness and camaraderie that can develop from an extended family sleepover, is precious and I want in! But, if morning shows my body with the indent of a bedframe embedded in my back, not to be filled in again until lunch, then get me out of there and bye bye camaraderie.

Hotel Rooms are a good investment. Closeness and friendship are better forged after a goodnights rest. Oh, and families with kids get rooms in hotels with indoor pools.

No comments: