George was reading my post, The Best Thing About Getting Older, when we were startled by, "whaaaaat the fliiiiip, mom! Great Island is a peninsula. How can you call it a zit!"
"It's a bump in the bay, isn't it?, I ask.
"A peninsula is surrounded on three sides by water! Don't you know geography?"
George brings Ernie in to read what I wrote about their beloved Great Island.
"A zit! How can you call it that. A zit is ugly and if you squeeze it, it bursts".
"Well, if it sounds ugly, people won't go there and you can have it all to yourselves", I said, trying to redeem myself and rationalize with the irrational and not laugh.
The phone rang and the zit was forgotten. Ernie and George normally don't read my writing, but I expect they will look in now and then, to check for accuracy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great Island is the stong arm that protects the beautiful bay from the winds and storms of Cape Cod bay.
How would all those delectable oysters and cherrystones servive without those biceps
Zit....Hmnnnnnn
Post a Comment