Summertime is busy. We attend one or two rodeos, the traditional week in Wellfleet, the week in Maine at Mom's, and if we're really organized we squeeze in one or two nights of camping. Ernie and George voluntarily camp every year in February or March. This year they camped on Great Island, located in Wellfleet Bay, Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Great Island is not a real island because it is connected to the mainland. It's really a very large zit on the face of the bay. That description defies the tranquility of the place.
Reaching the island requires a one mile hike through sand.
Ernie and George carried their gear out to Great Island for one night of camping. They carefully prepared their campfire because this spot is woodsy, dry and windy. Camping and campfires are probably not allowed, but that doesn't bother my two guys.
I love sleeping in a tent, but I'm not very flexible. The best time to camp is in autumn when the evenings are cool and the days are brisk. It is irksome to me that school reopens as I become energized! I love autumn.
So, a good thing about getting older is that in four years, when George graduates, we'll be free to enjoy my favorite time of year.
The very best thing about getting older, is discovering the good things about getting older.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment