
There she is, my daughter, now a married woman to a loving and kind husband. Such an exciting time for them! College graduation is upcoming; a move to their new home in Michigan and new jobs and new friends.
I'm ready. College, 2,000 miles away for 4 years braced me for a distance relationship. So, more phone calls, text messages, emails, blogs, and old fashioned handwritten letters - flickr, facebook, and... plane tickets.
She's ready. Once the shy little girl behind the book or the camera, Jenn learned of and observed her world, on her own terms, cautiously and analytically. One toe in the water, then another, then the whole foot, then both feet.
The result? A loving, compassionate and gentle young woman, assured of the goodness of most people, and free to love (both feet first), with all her heart, her new husband and family. Another result? I am just so proud of my girl. Dad is too.

2 comments:
Awww, that is a very nice post! I love the way you worded that. I couldn't agree more. Jenn is such a great person to be around, I almost feel guilty for marrying her and taking her out of your home! I don't think I should have her all to myself. Don't worry though, I give her plenty of hugs and "I love you's" for all of us :)
after 28 years, you still take my breath away :-)
Post a Comment